BPAO is gathering names of Physician Vaccinators for the immunization clinics in Black communities, starting with TAIBU CHC in Scarborough. This is open to ALL practicing physicians and our target is Black practicing physicians – representation matters – but if you have received this and you are a racialized/BIPOC doctor then you are welcome to sign up as well. Non-practicing physicians cannot register as vaccinators at this time but we are working hard to address this. If you are a healthcare provider and want updates on how to join the Black vaccinator network, please email our Black Health Vaccine Initiative firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will contact you as soon as this process is finalized.
To register: Please SIGN UP HERE
What you need to know:
- BPAO vaccinators who want to do pop-up or mobile clinics do not require hospital credentialing to participate in this work.
- BPAO vaccinators who want to participate in the Scarborough vaccine clinics (e.g. TAIBU CHC) will have to register for temporary, hospital privileges through SHN. It is an easy expedited process for COVID-19; if you sign up via the BPAO link and select Toronto/Scarborough as a site, this automatically initiates the process.
- To enroll as a BPAO vaccinator you do NOT have to be an active/paid member of the BPAO – you can share this email with Black physician colleagues.
- This could include weekdays, weekends, daytime, or evening hours.
- Physician Vaccinators will be paid COVID sessional fees (paid as per ministry of health pay scale).
- Vaccine availability will determine the start date of these Vaccination Clinics.
- You will be contacted by email by BPAO/SHN, other hospitals, or the regional public health unit that you selected, with more information.
Become a part of history!