Trillium Health Partners (THP) is the largest community based academic health network in Ontario serving over one million residents in the communities of Mississauga, Peel Region, and West Toronto. The hospital encompasses three main sites – Credit Valley Hospital (CVH), Mississauga Hospital (MH), and Queensway Health Centre (QHC) – offering a full range of acute care hospital services, as well as a variety of community-based specialized programs.
We are seeking Associate Staff Psychiatrists with knowledge, interest and expertise in the field of Adult Mental Health to work in our various ambulatory clinics. We have a specific need for psychiatrists to work in the following areas:
- Psychosis Spectrum Services
- Adult Ambulatory Services
- Mental health Urgent Response (MHURS)
- Women’s Reproductive Mental Health Program
- Adult Outpatient (AOP)
The physicians will be providing ambulatory psychiatric services at the Trillium Health Partner sites. The Mental Health Program is dedicated to providing the highest quality care by creating highly reliable systems and models, with hardwired evidence based practices to reduce unnecessary variations in care in the pursuit of best possible patient outcomes. Thus the successful candidates will be dedicated to quality improvement. They will participate in both inpatient and outpatient work at the hospital providing psychiatric assessments to adult clients and their families; short-term follow- up treatment and assessment for ambulatory patients and their families; and clinical management of clients, including psychopharmacology.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Participation and psychiatric assessment in the Ambulatory Mental Health services, including but not limited to the Partial Hospitalization Program, Intensive Outpatient Program and Group CBT based program, as determined and assigned by the Program;
- Provide support to the Ambulatory Mental Health Team in providing group based psychotherapy in the Partial Hospitalization Program, Intensive Outpatient Program and Group CBT based program – this will include case conferences around treatment planning as well as the possibility of directly co-leading group psychotherapy in the above mentioned programs if required;
- Work with the Ambulatory Mental Health Team to provide support and direction to patients and families regarding intervention and necessary follow-up;
- In collaboration with the treatment team, provide on-going clinical consultation in a manner that is consistent with Best Practices in terms of interprofessional practice, facilitation and empowerment, while recognizing the community based nature of related services and programs; and
- Participation in on-call coverage for the Hospital’s Mental Health Service, across all sites of Trillium Health Partners, as determined and assigned by the Program.
In addition to billing fee for service, this role also includes hospital sessional dollars paid on a monthly basis.
The organization is an affiliated academic teaching center with the University of Toronto. The preferred candidate would be expected to participate in teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical learners, and also have the opportunity to participate in clinical and applied research.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to an interprofessional care model are essential.
The position is open to all qualified candidates. Interested candidates must have appropriate psychiatry qualifications (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or its equivalent), and must be able to obtain a license to practice in the province of Ontario. For candidates looking to move or return to Canada, we will work with you to support your CPSO licensing.
The position represents an opportunity to join a group of dedicated healthcare professionals in a progressive organization. We are strongly committed to recruiting staff and Professional Staff that are representative of the population that we serve. Thus we welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Interested candidates are requested to reply with a statement of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Attn: Dr. Ian Dawe
Program Chief and Medical Director, Mental Health Program
Email to: Nicole.Fernandez@thp.ca
For detailed information on the hospital, please visit: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca