Job Posting Title:
Reports to: Director, Medical
Status: Permanent, full-time and part-time positions available
Location: 790 Bay Street, Toronto, ON
HǪ will be a centre of excellence in gay men’s health, providing tailored mental health services, sexual health services, and community/social programming. It will provide an accessible, safe, welcoming space for all cis men and trans people who are into guys regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender identify, sexual orientation, HIV status, socio- economic status, immigration status or ability. It will provide comprehensive, holistic services that empower clients and promote their physical, sexual, mental, emotional, community and spiritual/social well-being.
At HǪ, we will work collaboratively with stakeholders and communities to promote health equity, through community engagement, and equitable access and participation in the centre’s programs.
Find out more about us at: https://hqtoronto.ca/
- Provides leadership and medical expertise as a member of a multidisciplinary team providing direct clinical services to HǪ
- Conduct comprehensive medical assessments of patients, run diagnostic tests, develop treatment plans, and provide medical advice to
- Initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribe medications and vaccinations as
- Deliver sexual health services including screening, treatment, education and counselling to individuals living with or at risk of HIV or other sexually transmitted and blood borne
- Conduct pre and post-test counselling, treatment assessment (e.g. ART, PrEP, PEP, STI treatment), and medication initiation as per
- Offer education and guidance about prevention and care for HIV and other
- Provide services for transgender and gender non-conforming clients in an appropriate, culturally safe and judgement free
- Provide necessary referrals to appropriate medical care, mental health services, and community based to support overall wellness and meet the needs of
- Collaborate with clients and other health professionals to improve care delivery at HǪ.
- Record complete and timely notes on electronic medical
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate of an approved medical school, registered with the College of Physician and Surgeons of Ontario and maintains a license to practice medicine in the Province of Ontario
- Current membership in the Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting
- Experience in the delivery of sexual health clinical services, working with diverse populations
- Experience in the provision of PEP and PrEP
- Experience with HIV treatment
- Comfort and experience with discussing topics related to gay men’s health including sex and gender identity
- Experience providing health care services to 2 Spirit, gay, bisexual, queer, and other transgender and cisgender men who have sex with men (2SGBMSM)
- Effective decision-making skills, and the ability to promote and foster teamwork
- Ability to contribute to the establishment of a clinic environment that promotes excellence including optimum client service
- Speaking a second language is an asset
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please use the position title as the subject line and attach your cover letter and resume as a single PDF/Word file in an e-mail to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in HǪ, but only candidates receiving serious consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
HǪ is committed to employment equity, a just workplace and the greater involvement and meaningful engagement of LGBTǪ2S people in all that we do. We encourage applications from people with culturally diverse backgrounds and from people within the LGBTǪ2S community.
We are also committed to fostering inclusion and accessibility in all areas of our work. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.